Our uniform consists of generic navy trousers, blue shirt and navy tie with navy v-neck crested jumper.
The school tracksuit is a generic navy bottoms and blue polo shirt with a crested tracksuit top.
The school day begins at 9.20am. Gates open at 9.10am children are supervised in the playground until the bell rings at 9.20am. When they line up and teacher walks them to their room.
There is a 10 minute mid morning break from 11.00 – 11.10.
‘Big Lunch’ is from 12.45 – 1.15pm.
We operate a school book rental scheme across all classes. This is run on an opt out basis. A lot of the infant books are work books initially therefore it isn’t possible to rent them. They will still be ordered through school for you, this way we can avail of a bulk buying discount.
The Board of Management offer the following activities to the parents of pupils in our school. These activities run independently of the school but are held on the school grounds after hours.
Playball is on every Thursday and takes place in the school playground or PE Hall as weather permits. There are two sessions each day 2.00-2.50pm for Junior and Senior Infants and 3.00-3.50pm for higher classes.
Choir is open to the senior classes and takes place in the main school building on Tuesday evenings 3.00 – 4.00pm.
- Who is eligible? Children who reside at least 4.8 kilometres from and attending their nearest school are eligible for post primary school transport.
- How do I apply? Online to Bus Éireann at www.buseireann.ie
- When do I apply? Applications should be submitted before the last Friday in April. Late applicants are not guaranteed a seat.
- What is the charge? The current annual charge is €350 per child with a family maximum of €650.
- Can I spread the payment over the school year? Payments may be made in two instalments in July and December.
- Are some children exempt from paying? Yes. Only eligible children i.e. children residing at least 4.8 kilometres from and attending their nearest school, who hold valid Medical Cards (GMS Scheme), do not pay. All other children must pay.
- Where can I get more details on the scheme? Full terms of the Post Primary School Transport Scheme are available at www.education.ie and www.buseireann.ie.
- Where can I get further information? From your local Bus Éireann School Transport Office.
Tullow Area School Completion Programme
Old School of Cross Keys, Shroughan, Tullow, Co. Carlow
Tel; 059 9180010 Email; email@example.com
Find us on facebook: Tullow SCP
Mission: To provide support for young people and their families
from Junior Infants to Leaving Certificate”
Where We Work: We are based in the Old School Building next to Scoil Phadraig Naofa (Tullow Boys). We also work on school premises and, if required, provide a home visiting service.
What We Do: Tullow SCP provides services for young people aged 5 – 18yrs within the local community to enable them to complete their education and realise their full potential.
We currently work with schools in Ballon, Ballyconnell, Rathvilly, Rathoe, Tullow Boys, Tullow Girls National Schools, St Columbus and Tullow Community School.
Tullow SCP is part of the Education Welfare service of TUSLA the new national Child & Family Agency under the Department of Children and Youth Affairs
What We Offer
- School Services
- In-Class Mentoring
- Friends for Life Programme
- Breakfast Club
- Fruit Scheme
- Cyber bullying, Positive Mental Health, Sexual Health Workshops
- Circle Time
- Primary to Post primary transitions
- Emotional Development (Changes
- Individual Student and
- Family Services
- Home support/Family visiting service
- Crisis Intervention
- One-to-One Mentoring
- Behaviour Support
- After-School and Holidays
- Summer Camps
- Access to Commercial Camps
- Volunteer Training and Opportunities